Wednesday, July 14, 2010

So Blessed

So I have been really pondering over the past events that have came too pass around 6 days ago, and have really come to the conclusion of feeling just so blessed through it all. A lot of you are probably wondering what in world am I talking about. Well last Friday are Elantra just came to a dead stop at a red light off the Thuderbird Exit and the 101. No warnings or anything that it was going to just STOP. If that isn't bad enough I had both the girls with me, and forgot to bring my cell phone with me, which is SO not like me. Long story short a really nice guy let me use his phone to makes some calls for my rescuing. Within 20 minutes or so Seth came and just shortly my Step Mom Gail, and Ashley arrived and got the girls. So they took the girls so they could cool off and be safe with family while seth and I were going to go figure out what was going on with the car. Seth all of the sudden remembered that he had just filled up the coolant in the car on Sunday night and forgot to put the radiator cap back on, and........well sure enough he was right, it was missing so know we had an idea of why? it stopped but had no CLUE the damage that had been done to the car. So he and I drive to Checker to go get a new radiator cap, fill it up with some coolant put the new cap on and.......................nothing. So we got it towed to the dealership, and wait to hear what the damage is. The engine is totalled for it being exposed to the liquids and not having the cap on. Needless to say it was going to be a WHOLE lot of $$$$$ to get the engine replaced. So we really pondered and prayed about what to do, and felt good about just getting another vechile, with the thoughts of are family expanding it just felt like the right thing to do. So on Sunday morning I go to start the Corolla which is my first car, and it does not start! So I go inside to tell Seth and we just both start laughing at it. Some times it rains and some times it pores. Not to thrilled about being down to a 1 car family, even though we both knew it was only a matter of time when the Corolla was going to give out. With all of that said we are now the owners of a Chrysler Town & Country Touring 09' Van and we LOVE it! We took are first ride as a family yesterday and it and the girls just loved it! So throughout all of this I have gained a closer relationship with my Father i heaven and have felt such peace, and comfort from him. If any thing this trail has done nothing but draw us closer together as a family :) and looking forward to the rest of life's journeys Seth and I have together.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about all your troubles, but happy to hear that it all worked out for the best :)

    ReplyDelete